SEND and Inclusion

Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)

From September 2014, Statements of Special Educational Needs were replaced by Education, Health and Care Plans. To request a needs assessment, early years settings should complete a High Needs Funding Form and submit it to the Inclusion and Statutory Assessment Team.

It is important to have the appropriate evidence from external agencies working with the child and referrers should use the checklist at the back of the referral to ensure that they have the evidence required.

Completed forms should be sent to:

SEN Assessment Service
Bolton Schools ICT
Smithills Dean Road

Please use the mailbox addresses listed below when sending documentation into the SEND Assessment Service. This includes Educational Health & Care Plan (EHCP) referrals. for general enquiries. for NEW referrals (including re-referrals when applications have been returned as incomplete).


The Local Offer

The SEND Code of Practice (2015) puts a duty on the local authority to provide a local offer for their authority detailing the provision available for children with special educational needs.

The Local Offer for Bolton Council