Bolton Early Years Integrated Communication and Language Pathway
Welcome to the Bolton Integrated Early Years Communication and Language Pathway. In Bolton, we have a collective responsibility to provide children with the best possible start in life. The Bolton Early Years Integrated Communication and Language Pathway has been developed to ensure a multi-agency approach, enabling children and their families to access the early communication and language support they need. This preventative and early intervention approach focuses on supporting the ‘whole family’ in an inclusive manner.
The Pathway is strengthened by a shared approach to have communication as a mutual responsibility between families, professionals, and agencies. It will enable children and families to access seamless, high quality information, advice and guidance to improve life chances and provide agencies with the appropriate mechanisms to plan, implement and support families on their communication and language journey.
- Bolton Integrated Early Years Communication & Language Pathway
- Summary Document
- Greater Manchester 8 Stage Assessment Model
- THRIVE Framework Groupings
- Service Directory
- Training Opportunities
- Start Well Service Contact List
- Universal Assessment & Observation Tools
- WellComm Good Practice Audit Tool Guidance
- Role of the Communication Champion Good Practice Guide
- Early Years Communication and Language Development Service
- Referral for Let's Get Talking (6 week online sessions)
- Referral Criteria for Early Years Communication and Language Service
- An Overview of Frequently Used Communication and Language Interventions in Bolton
- An Overview of CPD and Tools Featured in the Integrated Communication and Language Pathway
The Pathway in Context
Head of Children's Services, Bolton Council
An introduction to the Bolton Early Years Integrated Communication and Language Pathway
Bolton Early Years Integrated Communication and Language Pathway: Launch Briefing (with live Q&As)
Following the Pathway
Click on each of the circles below for more information on this section of the Bolton Early Years Integrated Communication and Language Pathway.
Bolton Start Well – Early Years Communication and Language Development Service
Bolton Start Well Service includes a Communication and Language Development Team which is a collaborative venture between Bolton Council, Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group and Bolton NHS Foundation Trust. The team includes Speech and Language Therapists and Teachers who work with the early years workforce, parents and professionals to support the development of communication skills in all children including effective early identification of those at risk of speech and language delay.
Bolton Start Well Service provide professional development services for the early years workforce, to train and upskill practitioners to effectively support children’s communication and language development. You can check out the variety of professional development opportunities and training available in the courses section of the website
On Duty Speech and Language Therapist
We now have a duty rota which means a Speech and Language Therapist will be available to answer your questions and offer support for individual children you may have concerns about.
A speech and Language Therapist will be available to speak to from 3:30pm - 4:30pm every week day by telephone: 01204 338349. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will respond during those hours.
Examples of what the team can support practitioners with include:
- Your questions relating to specific children (pre-referral);
- Early Help Assessments;
- Referring into the service and criteria;
- WellComm scores; and
- Questions with regards to 'The Big Book of Ideas'
Early Years Communication & Language Development Service,
New Hall Lane,
Bolton BL1 5LF
Tel: 01204 338 349