The purpose of this guidance is to help early education and childcare providers understand in more detail the local processes for registration and delivery of funded early education and childcare entitlements in Bolton.
This guidance should be read in conjunction with:
- The Department for Education ‘Early Education and Childcare: Operational Guidance'.
- Department for Education: Early education and childcare
- Model Agreement: early years provision free of charge and free childcare.
- Start Well Services Privacy Notice.
Operational guidance from Bolton Council which has been aligned to associated Department for Education Statutory Guidance. Providers must have due regard to this guidance when delivering funded early education and childcare entitlements in the borough as outline in the early years funding agreement.
It introduces elements relating to:
- What Bolton Council does to fulfil its statutory responsibilities associated with the free early years provision, including the support provided to parents and children
- What process providers must follow when registering to become a funded early education and childcare provider in Bolton
- What providers must do to fulfil their agreement with Bolton Council
- What providers may wish to do to support parents and children in accessing their funded entitlement.