30 hours funded entitlement for working parents of three and four year olds (extended entitlement)
From September 2017, in addition to the 15 hour scheme already in operation, eligible children can receive up to an additional 15 hours per week.
|Funding stream||Funding based on||Rate per hour|
|Three and four year olds funding hourly rate:||Universal||£4.00|
|Three and four year olds funding hourly rate: plus Deprivation Supplement (£0.38):||Eligibility||£4.38|
Both parents are working and/or:
- One parent working in a lone parent family (earning equivalent of 16 hours a week on National Minimum Wage or Living Wage including those receiving Tax Credits or Universal Credit)
- One/both parent(s) is away on leave (parental, maternal, etc.)
- One/both parent(s) is on statutory sick pay
- Both parents earn less than £100,000 each per annum
- One parent is employed, and:
- The other parent has either: substantial caring responsibilities and/or disability
Further information on the 30 hours funded entitlement for working parents of three and four year olds can be found in section 6 of the Funded Early Years and Childcare Entitlement: Operational Guidance.