Free Business Planning Tools - Hempsall's
The Hempsall's Business Change and COVID-19 Response Tool
The challenge of managing early years and childcare businesses
Managing an early years or childcare setting is a complex task. This Business Map uses tried-and-tested steps through a journey to support businesses to review themselves. It also sets out a process to identify opportunities and risks and turn them into planning.
No-one has ever managed early years and childcare businesses through a COVID-19 pandemic before. And so, the Business Map has been designed to assist with finding routes through change, COVID-19 response and new business planning.
Resources developed with the sector, for the sector
The resources published following Hempsall's 2021 national webinars on Steps to Business Plan are available here.
Alternatively, all of the resources can be downloaded individually below:
- Hempsall’s Early Years Business Map
- Hempsall’s Early Years Business Map – Action Plan
- Hempsall's Business Map Presentation
- Webinar recording
- Vodcast – putting the Business Map into practice
- Vodcast – what’s changing?
Additional resources from Hempsall's
- Vodcast End of project reflection: James and Donna discuss the reaction to the Business Map programme common questions and look ahead to business planning in 2021.
- Business Map – a provider’s view Following the launch of the Business Map and the delivery of the national webinar, Jo Pringle (Hempsall’s) and Lucy Lewin (Little Angels) reflect on the tool and what it means for the sector.
- Business Map – using social media Kate Haythornthwaite (Hempsall’s) chats will Matt Youdale (Arch Communications) about the importance of using social media in any early years or childcare business.
- Business Map – the business needs of out of school Jo Pringle (Hempsall’s) and Catherine Wrench (OOSA) discuss the out of school sector and current business challenges.
- Business Map FAQs