Start Well Targeted Offer for Out of School Clubs
Personalised Support Visits
These visits are available for:
- Out of school clubs graded as Requires Improvement or Inadequate by Ofsted;
- Out of school clubs who are Vulnerable to Requires Improvement in a particular area;
- Providers requesting support to achieve agreed actions; and
- Newly-registered out of school clubs (up to the first inspection).
What happens on this visit?
Visits will be agreed with the Out of School Club and will be organised according to what is needed. For example, joint environment audit, focused discussion, joint planning and delivery or any combination of these.
For longer pieces of work, the Manager will be offered support to develop an action plan that will secure improvement.
Activity will be recorded on a note of visit and other resources such as audit tools and templates can be provided.
Outcomes of personalised support visits:
- Supports strong leadership and management;
- Good or better outcomes at the next Ofsted inspection; and
- Improved outcomes for all children including the most vulnerable.
SEND Support Visits for Out of School Clubs
What happens on these visits?
These supportive visits will ensure SEND pathways are utilised effectively by each Out of School Club.
Outreach SENCO support.
The Early Years SEND Outreach Support Teacher will provide SENCO support and adviceabout individual children or signpost as appropriate.
Outcomes of SEND support visits.
- Improved use of Early Help process / pathways in Bolton;
- Supports practitioners to implement actions for individual children with SEND; and
- Improve outcomes for most vulnerable children.