Start Well Universal Offer for Out of School Clubs
Bolton Start Well Service has small expert teams who provide comprehensive advice and support in the following areas:
- Early Years Foundation Stage – Start Well Quality and Outcomes Team
- Early Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – Start Well Early Years SEND Team
- Early Communication and Language – Start Well Early Years Communication and Language Development Service
Start Well Visit
What happens on this visit?
A safeguarding and welfare audit will be completed with leaders by a member of the Start Well Quality and Outcomes Team. Strengths and any development points will be recorded in a note of visit that will support setting self-evaluation and improvement. Out of School Clubs on the early years register providing care for nursery aged children may require a discussion focussed on EYFS. The Start Well visit can be pre-booked and it will take approximately 2 hours.
Outcomes of the progress and outcomes discussion:
- Self-evaluation good or better – up to date with requirements;
- Supports strong leadership and management; and
- Improved outcomes for all children including the most vulnerable.
Early Years Communication and Language Development
In September 2019, the Early Years Communication and Language Development Service will be relaunched at scale. This builds upon the work of the early adopter for the Greater Manchester Early Years Delivery Model, which will see the new integrated service made up of Education Specialists, Speech and Language Therapists and Speech and Language Therapy Assistants further develop and embed our Early Communication and Language Pathway in Bolton.
The service is a joint venture between Bolton Start Well Service and the new 0-19 Children and Young People’s Health and Wellbeing Service, commissioned by Bolton Council Public Health and Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group.
The service will continue to:
- deliver a range of professional development activities;
- support professionals in developing effective communication and language practice and provision;
- embed the use of communication and language assessment tools and interventions;
- deliver direct interventions across Bolton for children and their families to meet local needs;
- embed the role of Communication Champions across all services; and
- ensure smooth transition to more specialist speech and language services for children and their families.
Further information will be available through our briefings and on our website.
For more information the Early Years Communication and Language Development Service can be contacted on 01204 338349.