Start Well Targeted Offer for Childminders
Personalised Support Visits
These targeted visits are available for:
- Childminders who are Vulnerable to Requires Improvement in a particular area;
- Providers requesting follow up support from a Start Well visit / training;
- Childminders with funded children;
- Newly registered childminders (up to 12 months from registration);
- Childminders graded as Requires Improvement or Inadequate by Ofsted;
Childminders can request additional support to focus on a specific area of EYFS practice or to embed the Every Child Training. Where childminders have a Requires Improvement or Inadequate Ofsted inspection outcome or for more in depth support, they will be offered support to develop and review an action plan that will secure improvement. Then visits will be agreed and organised according to what has been identified. The number of support visits will vary according to need.
The support may be for childminders to implement effective safeguarding and welfare requirements or to improve children’s progress and outcomes. Where improvements have been identified relating to Communication and Language, the Start Well Communication and Language Development Team may provide support. Activity will be recorded on a note of visit and other resources such as audit tools and templates may be provided.
Outcomes of personalised support visits:
- Every Child training is embedded;
- Supports leaders and managers to evaluate their provision and know how they can improve it or maintain its high standards;
- Key priorities, actions required, success criteria and timescales are clearly identified and addressed;
- Working to improve outcomes for all children including the most vulnerable.