More Help is for those who require additional support than that already offered in Every Child and Extra Help from those already involved sections of the Pathway.
This further help is offered from other agencies who are not previously involved with the child and family.
Communication between professionals involved and the family is crucial to ensuring the effectiveness of the support offered.
Criteria for accessing more help from additional agencies:
Practitioners should use the relevant universal screening tools as outlined in section 2.1 of the main Pathway document:
- Clinical judgement following NBO assessment; and/or
- Children who score ‘black’ using the ASQ-3 screening tool; and/or
- Children who score ‘red’ on a WellComm assessment
- Referral into SLT is prioritised for EYCLDS input as child and family’s needs meet the appropriate criteria.
How are these interventions accessed?
Contact the EYCLDS for further advice and guidance.
Early Years Communication & Language Development Service,
New Hall Lane,
Bolton BL1 5LF
Tel: 01204 338 349
- More Help section from the Pathway
- Bolton Early Years Communication and Language Development Service (EYCLDS)
Scoring Red on a WellComm Assessment
A short video offering EYCLDS guidance when a child scores red on a WellComm assessment.
The role of the Speech & Language Therapist within 'More Help'
Kat, a Bolton Start Well Speech and Language Therapist, provides an overview to the role of the Early Years Speech and Language Therapist within the 'More Help' section of the Bolton Integrated Early Years Communication and Language Pathway.
Julie, from the 0-19 Service, explains how the Enhancing Families team work with Public Health Nursing to support children and families within the 'Getting More Help' section of the Bolton Early Years Integrated Communication & Language Pathway. Julie outlines some of the services available to children and families in Bolton.