Early Help Review and establishment of the Early Help Access Point From Nicola Murphy, Senior Head of Service- Strategic Lead, Targeted Early Help
As part of the Early Help Review, the establishment of the Early Help Access Point will take place in April 2021.
There will be a transition period between January and March 2021 whilst we bring online the Targeted Early Help Service and the Early Help Access Point.
During this transition period, some of the functionality previously provided by the Integrated Working Team will no longer be available and this team will no longer be in place.
Please see below for summary of the changes that will take place with effect from 4th January 2021.
- Early Help Assessments, updated versions and plans should be submitted to the usual email BoltonISA@bolton.gov.uk. It is essential that when submitting Child Action Reviews, you ensure the EHA has been submitted. This ensures effective version control.
- Requests to close Early Help Assessments should be submitted to the usual email (as above).
- Enquiries to check if an Early Help Assessment is currently open should also be submitted to the usual email (as above). You will be notified if there is an open EHA, and if there is, you will be provided with details for the Lead Professional.
- We are no longer able to take calls regarding Early Help Assessment queries. The telephone numbers previously used will no longer be in use for Early Help queries.
- If you require advice or guidance relating to Early Help interventions, please contact BoltonISA@bolton.gov.uk and we will arrange for a member of the Targeted Early Help team to contact you.
- We are no longer able to facilitate between partner agencies the sharing of Early Help Assessments. Where a child is transitioning between services, the existing LP should seek consent from the family to share the EHA with the new service(s).
- We are no longer able to provide lists to individual agencies detailing their Early Help Assessments. Agencies will need to make their own arrangements to track the Early Help Assessments their services and teams undertake.
- We will be unable to undertake checks for Children’s Social Care involvement during this transition period.
I would like to thank you for your continued support during the Early Help Review and in advance for your cooperation during our transitional period.