The Early Communication and Language Journey Training | 21st October 2020
- Stock: 37
- SKU: 21-10-2020 Pre-recorded Session
- Category: courses
This online session will help you to support the communication and language development of children in the EYFS with support from the practical Early Communication and Language Journey resource. The session includes video clips to support your understanding and knowledge and reflection points are featured throughout the session to enable you to evaluate your own practice. Following this session, you will have the opportunity to take part in online interactive discussion groups focussing on embedding the Communication and Language Journey into practice.
Please note this pre-recorded session will be available to book on a monthly basis.
Please allow time to undertake the online session, watch the video clips and complete the reflective activities. The follow-up online discussions groups will be an hour via Microsoft Teams.
How will this course help?
- Explore knowledge and understanding of typical communication and language development of children aged 0-7 years;
- Consider how we can identify children below or at risk of communication and language delay and so improve early identification;
- Briefly discuss where the Communication and Language Journey fits into the integrated Communication and Language Pathway;
- Explore practical advice and strategies to support parents and families; and
- Consider how we can effectively target further assessments and interventions (such as WellComm, Language through Listening, Nursery Narrative and EYBIC).
The follow-up (interactive) sessions
Booking via https://www.boltonstartwell.org.uk/courses.
Using the Communication and Language Journey resource to support the communication and language development of 2-year-olds:
- 19th November 2020, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 21st January 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Using your Communication and Language Journey resource to support your interventions:
- 26th November 2020, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 25th February 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Exploring awareness of children learning English as an additional language using the Communication and Language Journey resouce:
- 3rd December 2020, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 18th March 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Start Well have developed some essential training resources to support practitioners to develop a strong curriculum offer for every child, supporting pedagogy and practice. These are:
- The Communication and Language Journey
- The Number Journey
- The Mark Making to Writing Journey
These ‘Every Child’ resources will be updated to reflect the revised EYFS next academic year. In the meantime, to support providers as part of COVID-19 recovery planning, we are making the remaining stock available to providers at no cost, with a limit of 1 of each title per setting.
The resource will be made available to settings (providing funded education places in Bolton) that do not already have a copy according to Bolton Start Well records, whilst stocks last. Details of how to arrange collection of a pack will be emailed upon booking your place. You will need this resource when watching the pre-recorded session and during the online interactive session.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Communications and Language Development Team
Who is this course for?
This online course is aimed at all practitioners working with children aged 6 months to 6 years and their families.
E-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk if you require assistance when booking online.
Access is via Microsoft Teams.
Once you sign up for the course, you will be sent a welcome email with a link to join the training. This link is intended for you only and should not be shared, copyright applies.
Please note, you can access Microsoft Teams via a tablet, computer or smart phone device and you can join as a guest if you do not have an account. Alternatively, the Teams app can be downloaded for free onto a smart device prior to the event from the App Store or Google Play.
Commitments and Cancellations
In order to maintain best value, we need to run this course on a maximum occupancy basis. If your place is confirmed but you are unable to attend, please send an alternative representative or cancel your place in writing by e-mailing: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk with a minimum of 24 hours' notice.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone a professional development session, we will notify all delegates booked onto the session as quickly as possible.