The Early Communication and Language Journey Pre-recorded Training | Autumn Term
- Stock: 57
- SKU: The Communication and Language Journey Pre-recorded Training
- Category: courses
This pre-recorded session will be available upon request to watch any time up until 31st December 2020.
The session will help you to support the communication and language development of children in the EYFS with support from the practical Early Communication and Language Journey resource. It includes video clips to support your understanding and knowledge and reflection points are featured throughout to enable you to evaluate your own practice. Following this session, you will have the opportunity to take part in one of three online interactive discussion groups focussing on embedding the Communication and Language Journey into practice. These additional sessions will need to be booked seperately, details below.
To participate fully in this training, it is essential that you have a copy of The Early Communication and Language Journey resource to use whilst watching this session. If you do not have a copy in your school/setting, please contact Bolton Start Well by telephone: 01204 338149 to make arrangements to collect a copy from Harvey Start Well Centre.
Please allow time to undertake the online session, watch the video clips and complete the reflective activities. The follow-up online discussions groups will be an hour and will be held online via Microsoft Teams.
How will this course help?
- Explore knowledge and understanding of typical communication and language development of children aged 0-7 years;
- Consider how we can identify children below or at risk of communication and language delay and so improve early identification;
- Briefly discuss where the Communication and Language Journey fits into the integrated Communication and Language Pathway;
- Explore practical advice and strategies to support parents and families; and
- Consider how we can effectively target further assessments and interventions (such as WellComm, Language through Listening, Nursery Narrative and EYBIC).
The follow-up interactive discussion groups
Booking via https://www.boltonstartwell.org.uk/courses.
Using the Communication and Language Journey resource to support the communication and language development of 2-year-olds:
- 19th November 2020, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 21st January 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 22nd April 2021, 3:30pm - 4:40pm
Using your Communication and Language Journey resource to support your interventions:
- 26th November 2020, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 25th February 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 20th May 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Exploring awareness of children learning English as an additional language using the Communication and Language Journey resource:
- 3rd December 2020, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 18th March 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- 17th June 2021, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Communications and Language Development Team
Who is this course for?
This online course is aimed at all practitioners working with children aged 6 months to 6 years and their families.
Please complete the booking online section above. E-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk if you require assistance when booking online.
Once you sign up for the course, you will be sent a welcome email with an attachment of course material and a link to the pre-recorded training which you can watch at any time. This link is intended for you only and should not be shared, copyright applies.
Start Well have developed some essential training resources to support practitioners to develop a strong curriculum offer for every child, supporting pedagogy and practice. These are:
- The Communication and Language Journey
- The Number Journey
- The Mark Making to Writing Journey
These training resources will be updated to reflect the revised EYFS next academic year. In the meantime, to support providers as part of COVID-19 recovery planning, we are making the remaining stock available to providers at no cost, with a limit of 1 of each title per setting. Each Journey will also have an accompanying recorded training session that will be available online as a refresher or introductory session for new staff.
The resource will be made available to settings (providing funded education places) that do not already have a copy according to Bolton Start Well records, whilst stocks last. If you do not have a copy in your school/setting, please contact Bolton Start Well by telephone: 01204 338149 to make arrangements to collect a copy from Harvey Start Well Centre.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone a professional development session, we will notify all delegates booked onto the session as quickly as possible.
- Date: 31-12-2020
- Max Availability: 70
2 Year Old Provision
All Early Years Practitioners
Daycare Room Leaders
Practioners working with children learning English
Every Child Training
Bolton Start Well Team