Learning Disabilities Team
Learning Disability Nurses can offer advice and intervention with:
- Behaviour difficulties – Challenging behaviour
- Continence and toilet training
- Eating Difficulties
- Independence promotion – developing self-help skills
- Access to health care
- Health care coordination for children with complex needs
- Understanding and management of a health care issue
We also offer group sessions in the following areas for children/young people and their families:
- Pre-school Parent and Child programme – For parents and children aged 2-4 years, providing advice and support to promote healthy lifestyles and development of self-help skills.
- Early Bird Parent Programme – For parents of a pre-school child who has received a diagnosis of Autism.
- Siblings Group – Supporting children and young people understand their sibling’s disability.
- Triple P Stepping stones – Positive Parenting Programme.
We accept referrals from all agencies. Parents and carers can request a referral through their GP, Social Worker or other professionals involved in your child/young person’s care.