Vacancy: Care Chiefs Highfield Hall Children's Nursery. Closing Date: 29th April 2022
Job Title: Nursery Practitioner
Employer: Care Chiefs, Highfield Hall Children's Nursery
Location: Marsh Lane, Farnworth, Bolton
Salary: To be discussed, see details below.
Grade: Level 2
Working hours: Shifts between 7:00am - 6:00pm
Closing date: 29th April 2022
Primary Purpose of the Job
Due to the influx of new children, we are now looking for full and part time positions.
The applicants MUST be Level 2 (or above) qualified in a relevant childcare qualification.
- We are looking for someone amazing to join our team here at Care Chiefs!
- We are looking for an especially talented individual who has the ability to make every child feel special with a warm smiling face or a loving hug.
- You must know how to deal with heart destroying moments for a toddler i.e. being given a yellow cup when you really wanted a blue one, with sensitivity and real empathy.
- You will preferably be a fun outgoing character, with the ability to change a sad face to a happy one with sensitive words or your entertaining sense of humour.
- It is essential that you do not feel embarrassed about making a fool of yourself, especially if it makes children smile.
- You must have the ability to multi-task, for example you must be able to conduct a floating and sinking science experiment in the water tray, whilst also being the special guest at a birthday party with numerous cakes being brought to you, along with numerous renditions of “happy birthday to you…” by children in the play dough area.
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary; however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- You will preferably have a little bit of quirkiness. If a child requests that you be the captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be.
- It is desirable that you have the ability to squeeze a finger gently, hold a hand, touch a shoulder or give a cuddle by instinct to reassure a shy or upset child.
- Possessing the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people is of utmost importance.
- You must be able to read stories so many times that you no longer need the book but each time you read it you should react as if it’s the very first time.
- You must be able to authentically show an interest in and have curiosity for bugs and creepy crawlies, even if they are your biggest fear on earth.
- You must feel comfortable sitting on furniture that does not contain all of your behind.
- Above all of the listed qualities that we ask for, you must be able to do these tomorrow in a different order, with a real possibility of something not mentioned being included.
This could be the most rewarding job you are ever employed to do and you must be able to go home with a sense of pride when you have taught a child a new skill or supported families through difficult transitions. Be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many children and their families.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- All staff have a duty to safeguard children. You should be alert to any issues or concern with regards to the welfare of a child. and report any concerns to the designated safeguarding lead immediately.
- To fully understand the whistleblowing policy,
- Being able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model.
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
- To keep yourself up to date with our nursery policies.
- To provide high quality, child-centred care and education.
- To participate in planning in order to provide a range of activities designed to meet the individual and communal needs and interests of the children.
- To act as a key-person for a group of children.
- To supervise and encourage positive, safe behaviour for children.
- To build positive relationships with children and families by acting as a role model and providing a warm caring environment.
If you like the idea of working in a forward thinking nursery environment where you can really make a difference, please get in touch.
Job role 1: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £7.50-£10.00 per hour
Job role 2: Part time, Permanent
Salary: To be Discussed
Job role 3: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£10.00 per hour
Please contact: Catherine Rodgers
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org