UPDATED Government advice relating to Coronavirus - please read, share and follow the advice given.
Coronavirus - Updated advice from the Government for all early years providers (including schools and private settings)
The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
The overall risk of Coronavirus to the UK remains low.
- Please share the guidance below with your staff and cascade as appropriate.
- Please display the updated posters in relevant public spaces: Coronavirus Public Information
Advice to those who have travelled recently
Public Health England has changed the advice for individuals who have travelled recently as follows:
Travellers from Wuham and Hubei Province
If you have travelled from Wuhan or Hubei Province to the UK in the last 14 days, you should immediately:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu.
- Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area.
Please follow this advice even if you do not have symptoms of the virus.
Travellers from other parts of China and other specified areas
This advice applies to travellers who have returned to the UK from the following areas:
- Elsewhere in China
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
If you have returned to the UK from any of these areas in the last 14 days and develop symptoms of fever or a cough or shortness of breath, you should immediately:
- stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu.
- call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country above.
Encouraging good hygiene
As always, if you have symptoms of a cold or flu, then there are measures you can take to stop the spread of germs:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Please share the advice with staff and cascade as appropriate.