15 hours funded entitlement for eligible two year olds
The funded entitlement for two year olds allows eligible children to receive free early education and childcare.
This is part of a national offer from the Department for Education (DfE) and has been developed to improve outcomes for eligible two year olds who would benefit from access to high quality childcare provision.
The table below shows Bolton’s current hourly rate for the funded entitlement for eligible two year olds:
|Funding stream||Funding based on||Rate per hour|
|The funding entitlement for eligible two year olds||Eligibility||£5.10|
Children are eligible whose families are in receipt of the following financial support:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Children who have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- Children who have a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan
- Children whose families receive Working Tax credits and have gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year
- Children who attract Disability Living Allowance
Further information on the 15 hours funded entitlement for eligible two year olds can be found in section 3 of the Funded Early Years and Childcare Entitlement: Operational Guidance.