This practical 2-hour course is designed to support Early Years Practitioners to use Bolton’s Number Journey Guidance to improve outcomes in maths development. It will help you to support children to develop a firm foundation in early mathematical skills, knowledge and understanding.
This course will help you to improve teaching and learning of numbers in your EYFS, to ultimately improve mathematics outcomes.
What will I learn?
During this course, we will:
- Unpick the number sense concepts and the way they link to improve teaching;
- Provide practical, affordable ideas to enhance your number opportunities within continuous provision indoors and outdoors;
- Share ideas and suggestions to help you meet expectations of Ofsted that parents are involved in their children’s learning; and
- Combine underpinning theory with practical ideas and opportunities for discussion.
Delegates can purchase a copy of the high quality resource 'The Number Journey' for £10 when orderering multiple copies of any of the three resources in the series:
- The Early Communication and Language Journey
- Mark Making to Writing Journey
- The Number Journey
These provide a framework for development and an ongoing reference tool for use back in your setting.
Please note, there is a minimum order of two copies. This can be across the range of three resources. Click on the green 'order resources' button at the top of this page and select the resources you need.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Quality and Outcomes Team
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at all practitioners working with children aged 6 months to 6 years and their families.
To book a place on this session, please click the orange 'book' buttons at the top of this page. Alternatively e-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk.
Commitments and Cancellations
In order to maintain best value, we need to run this course on a maximum occupancy basis. If your place is confirmed but you are unable to attend, please send an alternative representative or cancel your place in writing by e-mailing: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk with a minimum of 24 hours' notice.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone a professional development session, we will notify all delegates booked onto the session as quickly as possible.