A workshop to explore essential knowledge and tools to support families and children for whom English is an additional language.
What will I learn?
This practical workshop offers essential knowledge and hands on activities to support your understanding of how children learn additional languages and will enable you to support EAL learners and their families within your setting.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn about how children acquire additional language/s, the brain development and processes involved;
- Learn about key messages and strategies to support EAL learners and their families;
- Gain an awareness of resources to support EAL learners;
- Find out about how to create a welcoming environment and establish a good working relationship with multilingual families; and
- Devise an action plan to support the implementation of strategies within your setting and facilitate sharing this learning with colleagues.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Communication and Language Development Team
Who is the workshop for?
Suitable for all practitioners working with children throughout the early years.
To book a place on this workshop, please click the orange 'book' button at the top of this page. Alternatively e-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk
Commitments and Cancellations
All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Charges will become effective on the date when written confirmation is received.
As low numbers can affect the viability of a course, we have to apply a charge if notice is not received in good time. The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below:
|Calendar days’ notice before the start date of the course||Fee applicable|
|29 calendar days or more||No charge|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of course fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||Full course fee|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and full course fee will be charged|
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone training, we will notify all delegates booked onto the course as quickly as possible. A full refund will be given in the event of cancellation. Prices are valid until 31st August 2019.