What happens on this course?
The structure of the course allows delegates to visit key topics at opportune points throughout the academic year, with time in between for self-reflection.
The course will include:
- Establishing a vision for EYFS in your school
- Developing a whole team EYFS ethos to inform practice
- Exploring characteristics of an effective EYFS Leader
- Roles and responsibilities of an EYFS Lead
- Child development and the implications for your team
- Using Data effectively
- Leading the OAP cycle
- Leading partnerships (parents/ locality/ agencies).
How often is each session?
The course covers five days and delegates are expected to attend all of them.
- Day 1 Tuesday 25 September 2018, 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Day 2: Tuesday 20 November 2018, 1.30pm – 4.30pm
- Day 3: Tuesday 12 February 2019, 1.30pm – 4.30pm
- Day 4: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Day 5: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Each delegate will receive refreshments and lunch on full days.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service
Who is this course for?
TThis course is for EYFS Leaders in schools. It is suitable for teachers new to the position and for existing EYFS leads who want to develop their effectiveness.
To book a place on this course, please contact the Start Well Service administration team on: 01204 338149 or by e-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk. Lunch is provided at each session. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Commitments and Cancellations
In order to maintain best value, we need to run funded professional development activities on a maximum occupancy basis. If your place is confirmed but you are unable to attend, please send an alternative representative or cancel your place in writing by e-mailing: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk with a minimum of 24 hours' notice.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone a professional development session, we will notify all delegates booked onto the session as quickly as possible. A full refund will be given in the event of cancellation. Prices are valid until 31st August 2019.