This practical course will help you to support the communication and language development of children in the EYFS with support from the practical Communication and Language Journey resource. The course uses interactive teaching methods, practical activities and group discussion to engage learners.
How will this course help?
- Explore knowledge and understanding of typical communication and language development of children aged 0-7 years;
- Consider how we can identify children below or at risk of communication and language delay and so improve early identification;
- Explore practical advice and strategies to support parents and families;
- Consider how we can effectively target further assessments and interventions (such as WellComm, Language through Listening, Nursery Narrative and EYBIC); and
- Explore how to make effective use of the Early Years Pupil Premium and Pupil Premium Grant.
Delegates can purchase a copy of the high quality resource 'The Communication and Language Journey' for £10 when orderering multiple copies of any of the three resources in the series:
- The Early Communication and Language Journey
- Mark Making to Writing
- The Number Journey
These provide a framework for development and an ongoing reference tool for use back in your setting.
Please note, there is a minimum order of two copies. This can be across the range of three resources. Click on the green 'order resources' button at the top of this page and select the resources you need. If ordered in advance, these can be collected at your Every Child Training sessions.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Communications and Language Development Team
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at all practitioners working with children aged 6 months to 6 years and their families.
To book a place on this session, please click the orange 'book' button at the top of this page. Alternatively e-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk.
Commitments and Cancellations
In order to maintain best value, we need to run this course on a maximum occupancy basis. If your place is confirmed but you are unable to attend, please send an alternative representative or cancel your place in writing by e-mailing: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk with a minimum of 24 hours' notice.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone a professional development session, we will notify all delegates booked onto the session as quickly as possible.