These termly Super Saturday events provide an opportunity for childminders to meet, network and participate in professional development activity. Expect fun, interactive and educational sessions facilitated by the Start Well Service.
Networking, workshops and activities related to current EYFS Practice. Childminders can choose to attend one out the two workshops running during each event such as the Communication and Language Journey, the Mark Making to Writing Journey, the Number Journey and Early Phonics.
What will I learn?
- Explore knowledge and understanding of typical learning and development of children
- Consider how we can identify children below or at risk of delay and so improve early identification
- How to ensure that the indoor and outdoor environments are used to progress learning and development
- How to make accurate and effective observation and assessments to support planning
- How to use Bolton’s Every Child Journey guidance material and resources to support quality home learning experiences
You can purchase any three copies of the high quality resources, the Mark Making to Writing Journey, the Number Journey and the Early Communication and Language Journey, for £30 which provide a framework for development and an ongoing reference tool. Additional copies can be purchased at £10 each.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Quality and Outcomes Team and Workforce Development
Who is this course for?
New and experienced childminders working with children from birth to 60 months.
To book a place on this workshop, please click the orange 'book' button at the top of this page. Alternatively e-mail: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk.
Commitments and Cancellations
In order to maintain best value, we need to run briefings on a maximum occupancy basis. If your place is confirmed but you are unable to attend, please send an alternative representative or cancel your place in writing by e-mailing: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone a briefing, we will notify all delegates booked onto the briefing as quickly as possible.