This practical course will support delegates to understand and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and to register their role as a Childminder with Ofsted.
What will I learn?
We will explore:
- Learning and development - the seven areas of learning and development and educational programmes;
- Assessment - when and how practitioners must assess children's achievements and how they can discuss this with parents;
- Safeguarding and welfare requirements - to help providers create high quality settings that are welcoming, safe and stimulating; and
- Ofsted registration - what is needed to register to become a childminder.
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well Service, Quality and Outcomes Team and Workforce Development
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at prospective Childminders who have attended the Introduction to the Role of a Childminder course.
Childminder Pre-Registration Course Resources
This course will take place over 3 days at Castle Hill Training Centre:
- Day 1 - 10th June 2019, 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Day 2 -11th June 2019, 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Day 3 - 12th June 2019, 9:30am - 12:30pm
To book a place on this workshop, please click the orange 'book' button at the top of this page. Alternatively email the Start Well Service administration team on: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk.
Commitments and Cancellations
All requests for cancellations must be sent in writing to: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk. Charges will become effective on the date when written confirmation is received.
As low numbers can affect the viability of a course, we have to apply a charge if notice is not received in good time. The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below:
|Calendar days’ notice before the start date of the course||Fee applicable|
|29 calendar days or more||No charge|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of course fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||Full course fee|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and full course fee will be charged|
Resources will only be issued on the completion of the workshop.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone training, we will notify all delegates booked onto the workshop as quickly as possible. A full refund will be given in the event of cancellation. Prices are valid until 31st August 2019.