The Ages and Stages Questionnaires are parent led assessments which enable parents to be involved and understand their children’s learning, development and assessments. Each Ages and Stage Questionnaire identifies specific areas where a child’s development is in-line or differs from age-related expectations.
The majority of settings and schools who have been using Ages and Stages Questionnaire - 3 (ASQ-3) and Ages and Stages Questionnaire - Social-Emotional (ASQ-SE) with parents have said that they have reinforced the relationship that they have with parents and enabled parents to be more involved in their children’s assessment and learning.
What will I learn?
At the end of this training, participants will:
- Have explored the evidence-based child development screening tools
- The Ages and Stages Questionnaire - 3 (ASQ-3)
- The Ages and Stages Questionnaire - Social-Emotional (ASQ-SE)
- Understand how ASQ-3 and ASQ-SE fit with the Early Years Foundation Stage assessments
- Understand the value of using parent-led evidence-based child development screening tools
- Understand how the ASQ assessments reinforce the relationships that practitioners have with parents by enabling parents to be more involved in their children’s assessments and learning
Delivered by: Bolton Start Well, Quality and Outcomes Team
Who is this workshop for?
All Practitioners working with children aged 2 years to 6 years and their families.
This course is FULLY FUNDED for Bolton Early Years Providers only.
To book a place on this briefing, please click the orange 'book' button at the top of this page. Alternatively contact the Start Well Service administration team by e-mail to: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk.
Commitments and Cancellations
In order to maintain best value, we need to run briefings on a maximum occupancy basis. If your place is confirmed, but you are unable to attend, please send an alternative representative or cancel your place in writing by e-mailing: StartWellBookings@bolton.gov.uk with a minimum of 24 hours' notice.
If for any reason we have to cancel or postpone training, we will notify all delegates booked onto the workshop as quickly as possible.