The Bolton Start Well Service incorporates the Council’s former Early Years and Childcare Team and the Children and Family Support Service. The service works with the early years workforce; children and families and other professionals to ensure the best possible start in life for every child.
Our service builds on existing partnerships to work together to:
- Improve the quality and impact of early education and childcare for all children, so that more children are school ready age 5 years.
- Improve children’s health and wellbeing in the early years and ensure all children grow up in a safe and secure environment.
- Address inequalities, raise aspirations and improve life chances for the most disadvantaged children and families.
What we do
The Start Well Service works with the early years workforce; children and families; and other professionals. The service includes a series of small expert teams who provide comprehensive advice and support for early years providers in the following areas:
- Early Years Foundation Stage – Start Well Quality and Outcomes Team
- Early Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – Start Well Early Years SEND Team
- Early Communication and Language – Start Well Communication and Language Development Team.
Our services have been developed with the early years sector’s needs in mind. So whether you are looking for advice, consultancy, support and challenge or training to enable your early years workforce to be skilled in teaching, monitoring and assessing children’s developmental and learning needs, look no further – we can help.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Offer
The Local Authority retains a small amount of the Early Years Grant (EYG) for central services which enables us to provide a fully funded (no cost to providers) EYFS offer for all funded early years and childcare providers. This offer has been specified for different types of early education and childcare providers reflecting the different needs of their provision which can be accessed at the relevant link below:
- Start Well EYFS Offer for Schools
- Start Well EYFS Offer for Providers Delivering Funded Early Education and Childcare
- Start Well EYFS Offer for Childminders
- Start Well EYFS Offer for Out of School Clubs
EYFS Professional Development Services
In addition to the EYFS offer, the service provides a wide range of professional development services which are chargeable, including a comprehensive programme of briefings and training courses, bespoke consultancy and bespoke training including inset.
Our training programmes are specifically designed around the identified learning and development needs of children and the early years workforce, so you can be confident that our services will help you to improve outcomes for the children in your care.
Want to find out more?
Tel: 01204 338149